Southampton Pride of Place Project Photo Competition.
Open Submission – Free to enter.
Competition opens: Friday 9th September 2016.
Closing date for entries: Midnight Tuesday 25th October 2016.
Scroll down the page for further details on how to enter and full terms and conditions.
You can view all the entries to the Southampton Pride of Place Project Photo Competition here.
You can view and download a full Photo Competition Press Release here:
Photo Competition Guidelines:
The competition is open to anyone living in Southampton and its surrounding areas. So think hard, look harder, grab your cameras, get snapping, read the T&Cs below and submit your images via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send as big a file as you can so we can make large prints for the exhibition in our Southampton Pride of Place Project.
Terms and Conditions:
1. By submitting a photograph you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and you are consenting to the possible use of that photograph on websites or blogs hosted by The Caravan Gallery and Solent Showcase, in relation to this competition. Any photographs used will be credited to the photographer.
2. All images will be moderated by a panel of selectors before they are added to an online gallery of competition entries.
3. Only images of the Southampton area will be included.
4. Offensive material will not be included.
5. You must own the copyright of any images you submit so please do not upload other people’s work.
6. Closing date for entries Midnight Tuesday 25th October 2016.
7. Selected winning photographs from the online gallery, as judged by The Caravan Gallery and Solent Showcase, will be printed and included in the Southampton Pride of Place Project exhibition.
8. Winners will be notified at the Southampton Pride of Place Project launch on Thursday 3rd November (times TBC), details of which will be sent by email.
9. Prizes: a fantastic range of free tickets, vouchers, experiences and merchandise provided by local businesses and The Caravan Gallery (click on leaflet above for full details).
10. In order for photographs to be considered for inclusion in the Southampton Pride of Place Project exhibition they will need to be between 3000 and 5000 pixels on the longest side and 300 dpi. Each entrant is eligible to submit up to, and no more than, 3 unretouched images.
11. When submitting entries, please include titles and details of where and when each photograph was taken. Images should be recent, preferably no more than 2 years old.
12. Please include your full name, age (if under 12) and telephone number/s.
This project is generously supported by an Arts Council England Strategic Touring Grant and delivered in partnership with:
NGCA, City Library and Arts Centre, Fawcett Street, Sunderland SR1 1RE
Impressions Gallery, Centenary Square, Bradford BD1 1SD
Ffotogallery / Diffusion Festival, Chapter, Market Road, Cardiff CF5 1QE
Museum of Lancashire, Stanley Street, Preston, Lancashire PR1 4YP
mima, Centre Square, Middlesbrough TS1 2AZ
Solent Showcase, Sir James Matthews Building, Above Bar, Southampton SO14 7NN